Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome

tigers Pictures, Images and Photos

Howdy. Welcome to DesigNate Robertson. A bit about myself and this blog...

I'm a bitter Detroit Tigers fan. Why? Well, mainly because I first became exposed to the Tigers and Major League Baseball when I was 8 years old...in 1985. Yes, I missed the only World Series Championship by my favorite team in my lifetime by one stinkin' year. But I've been more and more bitter over the years as I've watched my team be terrible for nearly every year since, with the obvious exceptions of '87 and '06. The Tigers have made many bad moves over my years as a fan, mostly by a very bad man named Randy Smith. But, I've remained loyal to my team, like an abused hound dog to the owner that beats him. Maybe I just don't know any better...

But I love my team. And I love baseball. Thus, this blog. Why now? I'm not sure. I think it's because I sat down the third base line in the second row when Magglio took Huston Street deep to send us to the World Series in 2006. Joel Zumaya jumped into me in the crowd. It was the best night of my life. A disappointing World Series, a crappy 2007, and a disasterous 2008 followed leaving me feel somehow cheated...yet hopeful for the future. I discovered blessyouboys.com in mid-2008 and that led me to several other entertaining Tigers blogs like Spotstarters, The Daily Fungo, Where Have You Gone, Johnny Grubb, and many others.. Do I have anything new to add? Probably not. But I'm going to try. My goals are to entertain myself, maybe entertain a few more, and to see the Tigers designate Nate Robertson for assignment. Gum Time is over. I'm hoping it's championship time for Detroit in 2009.

2 comments:

kf7628 said...

Rogo nice blog man. just found bless you boys about a month ago. i used to work with ya at LC. friend of steves. i feel your pain about the tigers, irish, and bears. wanted to say hey, your posts crack me up. keep it up

kf7628 said...

Rogo nice blog man. just found bless you boys about a month ago. i used to work with ya at LC. friend of steves. i feel your pain about the tigers, irish, and bears. wanted to say hey, your posts crack me up. keep it up