Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Speechless

UPDATED to add pics and remove tag wishing death on Jim Joyce. He screwed up, but I don't want to wish death on anyone. Except Don Kelly.

Armando Galarraga was just screwed out of a perfect game with two outs in the ninth against Cleveland. Not by a bloop single. Not by a silly error. No, he was screwed by first base umpire, Jim Joyce. Here's the pic, stolen from Big Al over at Bless You Boys.

I don't know what to say. I'm kind of in shock. I can't imagine how disappointed poor Armando is right now. I'm actually thought Miguel Cabrera or Gerald Laird might kill Joyce after the play.

Here's a shot of the play from the Detroit News.

After the game, Armando was nothing but class. I tip my cap to him...he's a better man than I am. I would've attempted to assault Joyce. A couple more pics from the News.

First, catcher Alex Avila (who called a great game, too) offers a painful congrats to Armando after the game.

Finally, Armando salutes the Tiger faithful afterward.

Umpires have a tough job. No one is perfect. But Armando Galarraga should have been on this day.

Eff that. Armando WAS perfect. Joyce has no excuse for blowing that call. Ridiculous.

Armando got f*cked.

6 comments:

Jen said...

i have never been so disappointed after a tigers win. it actually put me in a horrible mood.

schwangfoo said...

....And Jim Joyce admits blowing the call. Fuck. And. You.

Anonymous said...

And where is Jim Joyce from?



Toledo, OH.

Please don't ever come home again.

Ian C. said...

Do we want to know what you Googled to find those photos?

Rogo said...

Haha...no you don't, Ian.

Rob said...

I was more wondering whether you already had them stored on your computer...