Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quick Hit: Comedy at the Freep

I love trade gossip as much as anyone, so when I opened the latest "Reader Column" at the freep on four pitchers the Tigers should try to acquire, I was hoping for something interesting.  Instead, I was subjected to this silly list.

1. Chris Capuano, because "he has what it takes to be good in the majors, having made the All-Star team in 2006".  That was five years ago.  Other All-Stars from 2006 include Mark Loretta, Paul Lo Duca, Jose Contreras, Scott Kazmir, Kenny Rogers, BJ Ryan, and Derrick Turnbow.  C'mon...you've gotta have something better than that.

2. Rich Harden, the only MLB player hurt more than Carlos Guillen.

3.  Shaun Marcum, the #2 or #3 starter of the contending Brewers who just acquired K-Rod from the Mets today.  Pretty sure the Brewers aren't selling right now, fella.

4.  David Price.  Yes, the 25 year old star ace of the Rays.  I'm sure they'll be willing to give him up for Raburn, Strieby, and Crosby.

Freep, please get serious or just shut down.  Who decided this was worth adding to the page today?  On the bright side, Jamie Samuelsen's latest isn't a bad read.  Seriously.

Part two of the mid-season report later tonight.  Seeya.

7 comments:

Mayo Smith said...

This used to be an informative and entertaining site.  Now it's just a review and criticism of other baseball columns.  What happened?  And please don't tell me that the answer is "Blow me."

Maggglio said...

Its still very entertaining.

SRogo said...

Holy crap, it was?  What kind of pills was I on!?!  Perhaps you have missed the "Do Not Take This Blog Too Seriously" thingy in the upper right corner. Odd that this comment came after I posted well over 2000 words last night reviewing the first half.  My apologies for not making this blog what you wanted.

Bite me...is that better?

Jay Hathaway said...

I was hoping we'd land Marcum last year, but, yeah, he's not going anywhere now.  I think the Tigers should try to acquire circa-1984 Nolan Ryan, while we're dreaming of landing big arms.  Seriously--David Price?  Douchebag.

Jdornberg said...

Rogo I hope you read the comments on Samuelsen's article, and posted one of your own

SRogo said...

Holy crap! I had to stop after 15 or so. Either I'm just way out of touch with Tiger fans, or Tiger fans are more out of touch with reality than I ever realized.  Good gawd...those people are insane.

Gerry Heffield said...

What a stupid article! Where did he come up with those pitchers? Why didn't he suggest that the Phillies would trade Halladay, Lee, and Hamels to the Tigers for Omir Santos? By the way, I posted a long article bashing Inge and it hasn't been posted yet. In fact my opening line in the article was that I doubt it would be posted because I was bashing Inge.