Sunday, August 14, 2011

Deleted Scenes: Rudy

FORTUNE:  You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. And after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen. Now go on back.


WILL RHYMES:  Wow. Thanks, dude. But I went to William & Mary. I majored in molecular biology and graduated six years ago. But I was starting to doubt if I'd ever get back to the Major Leagues. Thanks for your support, Fortune. Means a lot. I believe in myself now.

FORTUNE:  Shit. Wrong tiny, untalented white boy. You seen Rudy around here? Scrappy little fella. Kinda looks like Sam Wise from "Lord of the Rings"?

RHYMES:  Oh. Yeah. He's over there trying to reach his helmet on the top shelf. Poor guy. But what about me, Fortune? With my heart, grit, and hard-nosed approach, do you think I can still make it in the big leagues if I keep trying really hard?

FORTUNE:  You? No. You can't even get the ball out of the infield. Take a shower. Get a haircut. Then kill yourself.

RHYMES:  Dude! Not cool. And "Roc" was a shitty TV show!

FORTUNE:  Go to hell! Hey! Rudy! Get over here.
RUDY:  Hey, Fortune. What's up...I'm kinda down right now.

FORTUNE:  Uh, yeah. Where was I? Oh...you're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin'...

2 comments:

Russell White said...

"Take a shower. Get a haircut. Then kill yourself."  Dude, stop stealing my pickup lines.

Jay Hathaway said...

Bahahaha!  Like x 1000.